Initial Implementations and Future Advances
June 20, 2011
In June, 2011, Apple announced that Location-Based Reminders would be a new feature of iOS5 on iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch devices. Location-based reminders have been implemented previously by mobile apps, but until now were never released by a major industry company. Grizzly Analytics sees the Apple announcements as a tipping point that is likely to propel location-based reminders into the mass-market.
Location-based reminders have the power to revolutionize how users manage and remember tasks. Advances in location-based reminders, currently in research, can transform how users manage their schedules and how they find stores & businesses that they need.
In its latest market and technology trend report, Location-Based Reminders: Initial Implementations and Future Advances, Grizzly Analytics reviews research underway at major mobile industry companies (Microsoft, Apple, Nokia, Palm and many others), surveys mobile apps already available, and identifies information being gathered in the local search and e-commerce markets (by Google, EBay, local.com and others) that will facilitate more powerful location-based reminders.
The 54-page report delves into the following areas:
· iOS5 Location-Based Reminders as announced by Apple at WWDC in June, 2011
· Open challenges in location-based reminders: Specific uses that cannot be handled by iOS5 Reminders or other existing implementations
· Ongoing research in location-based reminders that addresses these shortcomings
· Existing implementations of location-based reminders that can be used by smartphone users and may be likely targets for alliances or M&A.
· Local search data that will be valuably integrated into location-based reminders
Grizzly Analytics’ in-depth analysis provides equipment manufacturers, tech companies, investors and enterprises with critical industry intelligence that identifies:
· location-based reminder use-cases that are and are not handled by early systems
· technical challenges that must be addressed before location-based reminders can be adopted by the mass market
· technology research by the major industry players that fills these gaps
· what the competition is doing
· possible strategic partnerships
· likely acquisition targets
· market expectations
· open opportunities
· and much more.
Price (electronic copy): $800
To see an overview of the report and the detailed table of contents, and to order, click here:
To learn more about this report, contact Grizzly Analytics at:
Grizzly Analytics LLC